Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Professional Development

Today I had Professional Development. That means that I didn't have to show up until 8:30. That all by itself was a treat! Do you know how much you can get done if you don't have to be ready to teach 19 eager little ones at 7:35??? A LOT!!! A case in point-- I got all my grades entered into the online gradebook BEFORE 8:00. One more thing off my list.

Then I got an hour lunch. That means I wasn't trying to make sure everyone has a lunch, make copies, get something laminated, and eat myself in 25 minutes... I got to eat at Taco Cabana-- outside in the sunshine!!! With two very cool friends. So what if we talked about work... we weren't in the teacher's lounge! And finally, I got to be with adults all day and talk science and the new TEKS that are coming out from TEA. I know-- maybe not your cup of tea, but it sure is mine!!

It sometimes happens that the professional development keeps me involved so intensely that I don't think about what might be happening in my classroom. That happened today. Yes, it was a good day! A very good day.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

ahh, I love those PD days that are meaningful and getting to eat lunch for an hour outside! yipee you!!!! how nice!

Genia said...

How sad that 30 more minutes can make your day!!! I LOVE my job but sometimes it sucks you dry!