Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What DO I do all DAY???

So I mentioned to several friends that I am really doubting whether I taught anything all year-- today proved I have not.

Evidence #1
Gail wrote, "I pick up the can and gave it to the man."
I didn't go off about how we have been studying past tenses for the past two weeks--- no, I took a deep breath and said,
"picked-- you "picked" up the can. It doesn't sound right this way, you need to go back and add -ed."
Gail returned to her table, thought for a while, erased and brought me this back:

"I piedck up the can..."


Evidence #2 and 3:
We were reviewing the -an word family. (I told you we needed to!) and we were brainstorming words that fit in that word family. Juan Pablo raised his hand and said, "san"
No, Juan Pablo, that's not a word. It rhymes but it's not a real word."
"No, no, Ms, Klein," he lisps, "I mean like san. I like to walk on the san."
"Juan Pablo, the word is SAND-- there's a d on the end of that word. That's another word family."
"No, Ms, Klein, I mean like the san on the beach."......

Meanwhile Serenity is waving her hand madly in the air and I call on her,
"Oh, I know one, Ms. Klein. Han, like I am raising my han"....


I have less than 29 days to work a miracle, people...

1 comment:

Katy said...

no!!! hahahaha, i'm dying...that's so funny! i mean it isn't, but it is! ;)