Sunday, March 16, 2008

The IKEA Experience

We did it! Mom and I finally went to IKEA. It's only been in Round Rock for over a year and we haven't gone! Since Spring Break is over tomorrow, I asked Mom to go with me so we could finally have the IKEA experience before I'm chained to my teacher's desk again. 

WOW!!! IKEA! I really liked being able to sit in a chair and have my feet touch the ground! Even the couches!! I'm not short but I can never touch the floor except maybe with my toes. It was cool being able to look at the rooms all set up and decorated and knowing that I could buy each and everything that I saw. How cool was everything! The prices were fantastic! I loved the kitchen cabinets,
the pull out drawers, and the accessories that you could get to put in them. 
I ended up buying some spice jars for my dirt collection. Finally I can label and display my sand/dirt collection in attractive jars. I purchased a shadow box frame for the clay hand I bought at White Sands. I also got a 3 pack of the energy efficient twisted lightbulbs at a very good price! Oh, and I bought a jar Ligonberry jam because obviously Swedish people are quite fond of their ligonberry products. Since I've never tasted a ligonberry, I wanted to try it out. I'll let you know what it tasted like when I open the jar. There's quite a bit to purchase at IKEA, thank goodness it's reasonable... ;) IKEA is a great teacher store, I found some wonderful bookshelves at affordable prices... I'll save the receipts for tax purposes....

No comments: